v3ry b3rry rip3b3rry

Have you ever taste 'very berry' smoothies? I like that smoothies, the sour taste of the berries gives a jolt to the nerves, but there's sweet taste in there. Not to sweet but enough to make my tongue dancing. If, I added vitamin C or other supplement into the smoothies then it will add some kind of bitter taste. Perfect combination like the life I have now. If you have a similar life then perhaps you should try this smoothies....

Friday, July 28, 2006

The Mangas I Love

Here are some mangas that I love the most:
1. Natane (the title in Japanese is Niji Iro Togarashi) by Mitsuru Adachi (love all of his works)
2. Rough (it hasn't release in Indonesia but already have some its scanlations) by Adachi
3. Bleach by Kubo Tito (great work, love the humor in this manga)
4. Samurai Deeper Kyo by Kamijyo Akimine (also love the humor, great characters & story line)
5. Kocchi Muite Miiko by Ono Eriko (cute characters and romantic love story)
6. All Kyoko Hikawa's works: Chizumi & Fujiomi, Miriam and From Far Away, etc.

Why I love Mitsuru Adachi?

I love all Mitsuru Adachi's works. All of his works is very good, although the drawing of the characters are very similar in all his manga. I recognize 7 similar drawings: the girl (usually the leading role whether there are one or two leading role), the boy (shinichi, yamato, tatsuya, kunimi, takasugi), the fat boy (usually plays the role of bestfriend), the good looking boy (usually become the love rival of the leading role boy), the dog/cat (either it's a dog or a cat, the pet usually has the same face), the dad (it's very rare that Adachi would draw a fat dad, the dads in his work usually have a very nice figure), the other boy (usually play as the bad, usually has a high cheekbones and glinting eyes).

Another reason why I love Adachi is his love story that usually hidden under the words and gesture of the characters in his works. I haven't found the word 'love' spoken between the characters that were in love. He is the master in arranging romantic situation in his manga without have to spell the word of love or dramatize it in the way of chick manga does. He also capable in building up the culminating point of the story line without losing any chain of the frames.

But, I admit that very few can understand the Adachi's works. Once, a friend of mine got curious watching me laughing while reading one of Adachi's works, and she borrowed the manga. After she read the manga, she returned it and said that she didn't find anything funny in the manga, and wondered what makes me laugh at the time she saw me. I tried to explain it to her about the funny part, but she still can't grab it.

Anyway, I still love Adachi the most compared to other. But I'm very sorry that not all Adachi's works were release in Indonesia.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home